Be it a movie or TV series, any adaptation of Stephen King’s Gunslinger that does not cast Lucas Bryant as Roland is a missed opportunity in my book.
There are five reasons I see as to why Bryant would be perfect for the role.
- He’s already familiar with acting in King’s universe. His work in Haven has put him in touch with the worlds that Mr. King has fashioned. He’s in tune with those realities and could bring that experience to the role of Roland.
- It’s probable. Anyone familiar with the works of Stephen King understands just how much opportunity for crossover there is between any of his stories. Tying these threads together this way would be classic King.
- We’d get to see Eric Balfour as either Eddie, Cuthbert or (less likely) The man in Black. Serious business.
- Bryant is already playing Roland. Seriously, his father was a Gunslinger(chief of police), he followed in those footsteps, he’s incapable of feeling, etc.
- It would make the adaptation a little more likely to occur. Seriously. There’s an established base of fans watching Haven that would jump at the chance to see Bryant as Roland.
So, who’s with me on this? Don’t you think it’s right on the nose? Or do you have a better casting recommendation?