The site’s been down for a couple of days. Yeah, that was not fun. I’ve been scratching my head trying to figure it out with zero success.
As you can tell I found the answer. Somehow I managed to cross the streams so to speak. I had a file uploaded to the site that was intended to manage an ASP.Net site not a PHP site which WordPress is. Apparently this file has been out there for a while and the GoDaddy servers have ignored it by giving precedence to the PHP config files.
That precedence seems to have switched last week.
I’ve deleted the file and all is well. I’m chagrined by this experience and promise it won’t happen again. Sorry about the technical difficulties.
On with the show!